Thursday, January 27, 2011

Building Disciples: Living and Loving Like Jesus

" I don't have a great vision. A great Vision Has Me." Willie George

Don't you think this statement describes Jesus? The vision and the will of the Father marked every word and action of Jesus' life here on earth. He imparted that same vision to His disciples and told them to take it to the nations with the power and anointing of his Holy Spirit. When I read this statement I think to myself:
Wow! I want that! I want Jesus' vision to be in me and to transform me. Because of His vision in me..........I want to make a difference in this world. I want to make an impact for His honor and glory.That's why I'm so excited about the direction and vision that God is giving to our church.

BUILDING DISCIPLES: LIVING AND LOVING LIKE JESUS.

To become part of something bigger than ourselves is both exciting and challenging. It stretches us and calls us out of our familiar comfort zones.
And when we do it together as a church body, we grow in love and unity. We become Focused, Direct, and Intentional as we discover ways to spread the love of Jesus not only overseas but right here in our own "local outreaches." I pray that God gives us holy zeal as He continues to unfold His plan more clearly day by day.

John Maxwell says,
"To cast a vision,
you must see it clearly
show it creatively
and say it continually."


Building Disciples: Living and Loving Like Jesus


As we begin to live and walk out this vision may the words of the psalm 37:5 come to mind. "Commit your way to the Lord and He shall bring it to pass."

0 comments:

Post a Comment