Tuesday, March 23, 2010

GOD CARES FOR YOU

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrows; it empties today of strength."
Corrie ten Boom

In the darkest moments of our midnight hour it is sometimes difficult to believe that God is there. All too often we feel alone, deserted, forsaken and abandoned in our time of trial. Everywhere we turn we see trouble magnified and feel that blessing is minimized. We ask where God is-- why doesn't He answer--why doesn't He come to our rescue? We are feeling out of control and giving in to panic and unbelief. Is that where you find yourself today? Are you searching and seeking God in your time of distress? Well--be encouraged because He cares for you and tells you to cast your burdens on him and he will come to you. We know that our seasons of trial and suffering strengthen us in our faith and shape our character after Christ. Sometimes God will remove the trial but many times He simply walks with us through the storm giving us grace that is sufficient for the day. Life can be tough but God's promises are tougher and we can rely on Him because He is faithful. Be encouraged by some of these promises from His Word:

SCRIPTURES
Nahum 1:7 "He cares for those who trust in him."
Ps.145:18 "He is near to all who call on him"
Jer.33:3 "Come to me, and I will answer you."
1 Pe 5:7 "Cast your cares on the Lord."
Ps.41:1 "The Lord delivers him in times of trouble."
Ps.40:2 " He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
he put a new song in my mouth."

Now, don't those verses give you hope and expectation? Put your trust in him and he will strengthen you; he will answer you; he will deliver you from all your fears and put a new song in your mouth- a hymn of praise to our God. He is faithful and true!

Action Steps:
Pray these scriptures every day till you get your blessing
Seek the Lord in prayer every day
Speak to someone you trust and ask for their prayer, support and godly counsel
Speak positive words of faith and hope into your circumstances
Refuse to let the enemy put you down
Rise up in the mighty power of your God

Prayer:
Lord, you are worthy of praise and honor. Forgive me for the times I have taken my eyes off you. You are worthy of my full attention and complete trust. There is none like You. Teach me to better focus on your greatness and majesty so that I might have an eternal perspective in my time of trial. Faith is believing that you are exactly who you say you are. Increase my faith, Lord!


0 comments:

Post a Comment